Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Life IS What You Make It

Tonight I made my Grandson a little fort. He was thrilled and kept saying "can't find me Nana". What a fun kid he is. I got inside and then I got out and pretended I didn't know where he was. He loved that best.

I remember being about 7 or so and making forts with my brother Ted. It was one of the few things we did besides Hot Wheels on the track in the long hallway, where we didn't argue. We loved forts. Sometimes we'd get in trouble for taking ALL the chairs out of the dining room and my Mom would demand 2 or 3 be put back. Mom's ruin everything. Harrr.

So, if you have a little one around, consider making a fort. I would say it's MOST fun when you do it on a rainy day. There's something about rain that makes forts in the living room even more wonderful. All you really need are a couple chairs or couch and chair, a sheet or blanket or even couch cushions and your imagination. Oh,  and try really hard not to think about the fort the kid made in the movie Sixth Sense. 

Life is what you make it, so get on the floor and play now and then. Borrow a kid if you don't have one handy (ha) and sit down on the floor and roll a ball or draw or build a fort. Just make sure if you're over 50 like me to have someone handy to help you back up again. No, I'm not kidding. 


Camron the Happy Fort dude. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment